Air Scrubbing Options in Omaha
As folks become more and more concerned about their indoor air quality, new and better ways of cleaning the air in our homes and businesses have come about. At Fred’s Heating & Air in Omaha, we believe the Air Scrubber Plus is the ultimate tool for improving your indoor air quality. Air Scrubber Plus can remove pet dander, get rid of mold spores, reduce airborne particles, decrease dust mites in the air, and take away tobacco smoke.
Air Scrubber Plus
The Air Scrubber Plus uses certified space technology to purify the air in your home. This technology was developed using a variation of air purification technology employed by NASA to create a safe atmosphere for astronauts in space; which is now available to Omaha residents!. This home air purifier cleans, and deodorizes air in your home at a level that no other product can. Our Air Scrubber Plus installation improves the air quality in your Omaha home by connecting to your HVAC system and forcing air through the titanium oxide coated honeycomb chamber. This makes it an ideal choice for homes with allergy sufferers, animals, and kids. It can even remove the more pungent kitchen smells and the pollen Spring brings. Air Scrubber Plus extends the life of your heating and cooling equipment. With the Air Scrubber Plus your Omaha home’s filtration system will filter out more contaminants and harmful particles than a standard pleated filter, providing better air purification and air quality. Many peer-reviewed scientific studies have proven Air Scrubber Plus to be an effective and safe way to reduce dust, mold, pollen and other indoor air contaminants. Some Air Scrubber Plus models can be equipped with ozone to better combat odors from pets and smoke.
Call us today or watch the video below to learn more about how our Air Scrubber Plus installation is designed to improve the air quality in your Omaha home!
Is There a Difference Between Air Purification and Air Scrubbing?
While these two terms are often used interchangeably, there is actually a difference between the function of an air purifier and an air scrubber such as the Air Scrubber Plus.
Air Purifiers Are Smaller, Portable Devices
In general, an air purifier is going to be a smaller, portable device intended to purify the air inside a single room of your home or business. They can come equipped with HEPA filtration systems or ionization that removes harmful particles from your air. Some can be upgraded to include UV light to kill germs and carbon filters to remove odors.
Air Scrubbers Can Be Installed In Your HVAC
An air scrubber is a much heavier-duty version of an air purifier. They are primarily used to remove chemicals, gases, and toxic particles in commercial settings but for Omaha residents, they can be used as a home air purifier instead. A single air scrubber has the capability of covering thousands of square feet depending upon the model and they work quickly to clean the air once put in place. They can use either wet or dry scrubbing methods to trap free-floating particles and contaminants. Like purifiers, air scrubbers can be equipped with a germ-killing UV light or odor-killing carbon filter. Unlike an air purifier, an air scrubber can be installed directly into your HVAC system to create a whole-home scrubbing system – this is often considered the optimal way to achieve the highest indoor air quality for your home. The Air Scrubber Plus that we install in homes around Omaha is one that is designed to be installed into your HVAC system so that you are getting the absolute best results possible through a fully-integrated home air purification system.
What Else Can I Do to Improve Air Quality in My Home?
While an Air Scrubber Plus installation will greatly improve your Omaha home’s air quality by reducing dust particles and fungal spores, eliminating unpleasant odors, filtering out pet hair, and minimizing particulate matter in the air, there are some things you can do to help the Air Scrubber Plus do its job more effectively and improve asthma symptoms.
- You should use a vacuum cleaner in your home on a regular basis, especially in your living space or home office where you spend a lot of time. Vacuuming can get rid of animal dander and large particles, which can make it easier for your air filtration system to do the rest of the hard work of keeping your air clean.
- Eliminating tobacco smoke in your home can help improve air quality. You should stop smoking indoors, and you may want to reduce or end candle burning or wood fires in the home.
- Using a kitchen or bathroom exhaust fan can also diminish air pollutants, airborne bacteria, and unappealing smells in these areas.
- If you can, try ventilating your home with clean outdoor air. However, if there is a lot of pollen or airborne allergens outdoors that make it impossible for asthma sufferers to ventilate with fresh air, you can run your air conditioning unit with a clean filter.
- Try minimizing the use of chemical cleaning products and pesticides inside your home. Even in large spaces, these chemicals can get into the air and make you sick. You want your room air to be as clean and free from indoor pollutants as possible.
- Clean your home regularly because proper cleaning practices can lessen the risk of health problems like contracting an airborne virus, allergic reactions, lung diseases, cancers, respiratory symptoms, and chest pain.
Home air purifiers and air sanitizers can also help clean your air and make your home safer for you and your family to live in. But these devices are best for cleaning the air in small rooms and won’t make much impact in large rooms or with whole home air filtration. You deserve to have cleaner air. The combination of the above actions plus the installation of the Air Scrubber Plus can provide you with healthy, breathable air throughout your entire home.