Fred's Expert Team, For All Your HVAC Needs
Our furnace experts are here to make sure you are warm and comfortable throughout the long, cold Midwestern winters. We do furnace repair, furnace replacement, and furnace tune-ups. Our approach to your furnace is a repair-first mentality. Our technicians are expertly trained and experienced when it comes to tune-ups and furnace repairs.
When do I need furnace repair?
At Fred’s Heating and Air, we recommend you have a professional come perform a furnace tune-up at least once per year, ideally prior to the cold season, in order to make sure your furnace is performing at optimal capacity. However, sometimes schedules get busy and preventative maintenance of your furnace can get neglected, or something can go wrong unexpectedly. If you notice any of the following, give us a call and we can get furnace repairs underway:
- Foul odors coming from the air ducts or furnace
- Unusual loud noises from your furnace
- Furnace not producing enough heat to warm the house regardless of thermostat settings
In our opinion, the best-case scenario is a furnace repair that gets your system back up and running. But if we can’t make it run like new, we do new furnace replacements as well.
Click below to learn more!
Air Conditioning Services
If winters in the Midwest are brutal, summers are arguably worse. But don’t sweat it, our air conditioning technicians will keep you cool as a cucumber. Whether you need air conditioning repair, replacement, or a tune-up, Fred’s Heating and Air are your cheerleaders of chill.
Is air conditioning service worth it?
That’s for each individual to answer, but we have a feeling when you’re sitting in the sweltering 100° Omaha summer with a busted air conditioner, you’re going to wish you had called Fred’s HVAC contractors to ensure your AC was in proper working order. The good news is we do 24/7 emergency AC repair! In all seriousness, investing in regular HVAC maintenance is the best way to keep your air conditioner working and in great condition. With regular air conditioning services, we can avoid more expensive AC repair and you can keep comfortable without worry.
Indoor Air Quality
In addition to our heating and cooling services, we offer whole-home humidifiers, electronic air cleaners, and air purifiers.
Why is indoor air quality important?
Most people spend the majority of their time indoors and you may not realize just how many dangerous pollutants there are in our air. Mold is a common indoor pollutant that can cause asthma attacks and allergic reactions, but there are others that are far more sinister.
- Asbestos – If materials made with asbestos become damaged, it causes the fibers to enter our air where they can be inhaled and lead to permanent lung damage.
- Nitrogen dioxide – This is often caused by fires but can travel and lingers in our air, causing pulmonary edema, lung injury, impaired lung function in children, and other obstructive lung diseases.
- Radon – Produced naturally by the breaking down of uranium within the earth, in high concentrations radon can lead to lung cancer.
- Secondhand smoke – The 4,700 estimated chemical ingredients found in secondhand smoke can linger in the air and cling to hair and clothes where it will infiltrate your home, causing the very same lung problems associated with actually smoking.
- Lead particles – Inhaling lead particles can stunt your child’s growth, IQ, and attention span while causing behavioral issues and damage to the brain, kidneys, nervous system, and red blood cells.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) – One of the more terrifying pollutants because of how common it is and the extreme paranoia exposure can lead to, CO exposure causes tiredness, headaches, nausea, confusion, dizziness, and rapid pulse.